Windows 7 Windows 7 RC - Windows Media Player or Mozilla Firefox 3.5b4 BUG BUG

bugejakurt

I have been using Windows 7 RC for a week now. Today the 13th of May I was using Windows 7 as usual, I had Windows Live Messenger in the background and Mozilla Firefox 3.5b4 that I had installed recently. I decided to hear some music, and opened Windows Media Player. I chose the music to play and it began playing. As I was listening the music I noticed that most of the songs that were listed where duplicated and even more. I scrolled down and saw that there were even Windows 7 Core Music that also where duplicated and more. I minimised WMP and on the CPU/ Ram Gadget I noticed that the CPU usage was 53% and the Memory usage was 83%!! I began to worry about Windows 7 RC having this extremely serious bug. So I took screenshots. I decided to close WMP. After WMP terminated I noticed that the CPU/ Memory Gadget remained the same, i.e. 53%CPU and 83%Memory. I have a Core 2 Duo CPU 2.83 GHz and a 4GB of Ram by the way. I restarted the CPU/Memory Gadget but everything remained the same. After I reported to Microsoft, I decided to restart. my computer and go back to Windows 7 RC. The CPU usage and Memory became to normal again. But when I ran Firefox Beta 3.5b4 the CPU and Memory usage got 53% and 83% again from the Gadget. I opened up the task manager and noticed that the gadget was telling to complete truth. Any comments, suggestions? Any Windows 7 Debuggers? Please help to eliminate this bug!

It's a bug in Firefox Beta 3.5b4.. I'd suggest not using it until the problem has been solved.. which should be pretty quick as it'll be reported pretty fast by thousands of people.. This is NOT a bug in Windows 7..

Thanks for replying back. Maybe it's a bug from Firefox 3.5b4 but I installed Firefox and restarted my computer. After some moments the Gadget showed the same calculations. Are you sure it's Firefox 3.5b4?

Well I can't say that I'm 100% sure as I'd have to see your comp to be that sure.. but yes from what you've described it definitely sounds like it's a problem with Firefox and not Windows 7.. I do remember reading that Firefox 3 was somewhat buggy but I haven't really had a chance to sit down and use it for any more than 5 minutes, so I can't really say too much about that.. If I can find the article I'll post it..