Windows 7 Windows 7 RC - Windows Media Player or Mozilla Firefox 3.5b4 BUG BUG

bugejakurt

I have been using Windows 7 RC for a week now. Today the 13th of May I was using Windows 7 as usual, I had Windows Live Messenger in the background and Mozilla Firefox 3.5b4 that I had installed recently. I decided to hear some music, and opened Windows Media Player. I chose the music to play and it began playing. As I was listening the music I noticed that most of the songs that were listed where duplicated and even more. I scrolled down and saw that there were even Windows 7 Core Music that also where duplicated and more. I minimised WMP and on the CPU/ Ram Gadget I noticed that the CPU usage was 53% and the Memory usage was 83%!! I began to worry about Windows 7 RC having this extremely serious bug. So I took screenshots. I decided to close WMP. After WMP terminated I noticed that the CPU/ Memory Gadget remained the same, i.e. 53%CPU and 83%Memory. I have a Core 2 Duo CPU 2.83 GHz and a 4GB of Ram by the way. I restarted the CPU/Memory Gadget but everything remained the same. After I reported to Microsoft, I decided to restart. my computer and go back to Windows 7 RC. The CPU usage and Memory became to normal again. But when I ran Firefox Beta 3.5b4 the CPU and Memory usage got 53% and 83% again from the Gadget. I opened up the task manager and noticed that the gadget was telling to complete truth. Any comments, suggestions? Any Windows 7 Debuggers? Please help to eliminate this bug!

It's a bug in Firefox Beta 3.5b4.. ;) I'd suggest not using it until the problem has been solved.. which should be pretty quick as it'll be reported pretty fast by thousands of people.. ;) This is NOT a bug in Windows 7..

Thanks for replying back. Maybe it's a bug from Firefox 3.5b4 but I installed Firefox and restarted my computer. After some moments the Gadget showed the same calculations. Are you sure it's Firefox 3.5b4?

Well I can't say that I'm 100% sure as I'd have to see your comp to be that sure.. but yes from what you've described it definitely sounds like it's a problem with Firefox and not Windows 7.. I do remember reading that Firefox 3 was somewhat buggy but I haven't really had a chance to sit down and use it for any more than 5 minutes, so I can't really say too much about that.. ;) If I can find the article I'll post it.. :)

Back
Top Bottom