adam

Hi,

I was wondering if this has happened to any of you guys before? My comp is extremely slow, from opening files to browsing websites.

I shutdown my computer like any other time and when i turned it on again it had changed back to windows basic and asked me to login. I turned off the login so that it should auto load up my profile but it does not.

I have no idea what i have done. I installed adobe active x, windows mobile power tools and a critical update for windows. I tried uninstalling active x and power tools and restoring as far back as i could. I think previous to the update.

Under the control userpasswords 2 the box is still unchecked so i shouldnt have to login

Does anyone know what has happened or how i can fix it?

Thanks
Adam

Solution
Hi Adam, It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your Windows computer after a recent shutdown. The sudden change to Windows Basic theme and the login prompt not auto-loading your profile can be frustrating. Let's troubleshoot this step by step: 1. Slow Performance: Slow performance can be caused by various factors. It would be helpful to check for any resource-intensive programs running in the background using Task Manager. You can open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc. 2. Windows Basic Theme: The change to Windows Basic theme might indicate a graphics issue or a problem with the display drivers. To address this: - Check if your graphics drivers are up to date. You can do this by right-clicking...
Hi Adam, It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your Windows computer after a recent shutdown. The sudden change to Windows Basic theme and the login prompt not auto-loading your profile can be frustrating. Let's troubleshoot this step by step: 1. Slow Performance: Slow performance can be caused by various factors. It would be helpful to check for any resource-intensive programs running in the background using Task Manager. You can open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc. 2. Windows Basic Theme: The change to Windows Basic theme might indicate a graphics issue or a problem with the display drivers. To address this: - Check if your graphics drivers are up to date. You can do this by right-clicking on the Start button, selecting Device Manager, expanding the Display adapters section, right-clicking on the listed adapter, and choosing Update driver. - If updating the driver doesn't resolve the issue, you may need to reinstall the graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website. 3. Auto-Login: Since the auto-login feature is not working after you unchecked the box in Control Userpasswords2, try re-enabling it by following these steps: - Press Win + R, type control userpasswords2, and press Enter. - Check the box that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." - Click Apply. - Enter your credentials and save them. 4. Problematic Software: The software installations you mentioned could also be causing issues. Uninstalling them was a good step, but you might want to ensure that they are completely removed. You can also try booting into Safe Mode to check if the issue persists. 5. System Restore: Restoring the system to a point before the critical update is a good idea. Make sure to choose a restore point from a time when your system was functioning correctly. Try these steps and see if they help resolve the issues you're facing. If you encounter any specific error messages or behaviors during these steps, please provide more details for further assistance.

Solution
Back