Windows 7 Windows 7 Glacial Slow AFTER Install

Squirrel Hunter

Had the common problem of Windows 7 Professional installing very slowly. Removed the 2 - 6 USB port cards – only cards installed, disabled the USB port and floppy drive in the BIOs and removed all but one stick of memory. The installation went fine. Rebooted several times, could go on-line, everything seemed fine. Enabled the USB & Floppy in the BIOs, added the four 1 Gig sticks of memory and two USB cards. Now the computer is back to being glacial slow. Tried tuning off the USBs & floppy, separately and together. Different variation in the memory…. All for not. Any help would appreciated.
Asus P5B SS – Intel – Quad Core.
4 x 1 Gig of memory
ATI Radeon HD 4350
SSD – Kingston 128 Gig – Where Windows is Installed.
2 x 500 Gig Western digitals.

Found this on the forum. Did not work. Cleared Window's installs choice of video driver and installed the current ATI drive.....
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

From this Forum:
I did it
I'm so happy. What I did?
I have search a lot at this forum all my free time. I was sure that I could find the solution.
I boot up at save mode.
Then I went to my computer then properties, then my hardware, and I deactivated the two drivers installed for the graphic card.
Reboot and VUALA.....everything was working perfect. This is all I did.
I would like to thank you all that have read my message.
I will still reading here at the forum.
A very big thanks to the poster off the topic where I found my solution. Sorry but as I have opened many pages I can find where I have seen it.

Back