Windows 7 Windows 7 restarts it self ?!

meshal500

Hello ,

Every thing was OK after installing Windows. But after about 2 weeks it has began to restart it self. I noticed that it does that when i leave the pc without using it for hours (idle) . However, some times i leave it idle for hours and hours and it doesn't restart !
There is no blue screen nor any error messages after the restart .

* I'm using 64-Bit version.

Any ideas ? ... Thanks

Thanks Tepid. Yes there are lots of errors and warnings in the event viewer. I have found this critical error and i think it's about the last restart :

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Details:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2009-09-18T21:32:35.548015800Z

EventRecordID 27446

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

============================

EventData

BugcheckCode 0

BugcheckParameter1 0x0

BugcheckParameter2 0x0

BugcheckParameter3 0x0

BugcheckParameter4 0x0

SleepInProgress false

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Hi

My Win 7 exhibits exactly the same behavior - even the logs are the same. I'm also using the 64 bit version, and for what is worth - I'm dead certain it's not the overheating problem - I've kinda powerfull cooling system installed (unless it started leaking or something).

Does anyone know what can be causing this or where can I look for some fixes? Like meshal500 mentioned - this only happens when I leave my computer unattended for some time.

Thanks,
Paksas

Maybe try running chkdsk

Right Click C: drive and Properties and run from there, check both boxes
reboot and let it do it's thing
See if this helps

Hi

Maybe try running chkdsk

I tried as you advised - didn't help :(. Chkdisk corrected all found problems (related to a bunch of lost files btw. - minor issues), but Win7 keeps restarting.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Paksas

That will be difficult to track down....

The main causes for something like this are......

Heat
Underpowered Power Supply
Over Clocking
Corrupt OS
Other Hardware Problem

You are going to need to do full diags on the hardware,,,, Manufacturers HDD Diags, Windows Memory Diags, motherboard diags if manufacturer provides any. Check Power Supply is wroking properly. Undo Over Clock if you are.
Reload the OS and start over from scratch.

I would start with the Power Supply and/or an OS reload.
And it never hurts to run the other diags either.

I also used w7 64bit for my laptop and faced the same problem, after checking through some websites i remember the mine is w7 from RC version (pre-released) which actually expired on 1 june... after realize that case, i think that i should change the date setting on my laptop to the older date, then i try... it's suprising me, the problem can be solved, although it sound silly but its really works, my w7 do not restart itself any more! i think you should try it too,but you will face the problem of having wrong time for your pc, for me it is ok becoz i can used use my laptop without being worried about the problem anymore...

Back
Top Bottom