Windows 7 Windows 7 Seeing More Blue Than The Titanic

Snowcrash

Specs:
HP Pavilion p6130y
RAM: 8GB
Chip: AMD Phenom X4 (Quad Core)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (Upgrade)

Problem Synopsis: Windows 7 Blue Screens when I do the following...

Attempt to transfer files from one USB Hard Drive to Another
Download more than one file (normally video files from about 100 - 200 MB)
Restore iPhone from Backup

I've tried TeraCopy and it does the same thing.

I'd really looked forward to using this operating system but it just will not let go of this blue screen issue. This problem never existed with Windows Vista so I'm wondering if maybe I should go back to Vista altogether.

At present, I've also had a problem with one of my flash drives. In going back and forth from my laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit) to my desktop post upgrade. I lost nearly everything in the drive itself.

I'm also completely new to problems like this but I am willing to learn. I'll take any help I can get at this point.

Most all of us agree that an upgrade is not the route to take. It leaves useless files on your system and can cause conflicts which you are now experiencing

Save all you Documents, Pictures, contacts, videos, music, etc to a flash drive,

Be aware, you will need to re-install your 3rd party applications.

The next blue screen that occurs, look in the C:\windows\minidump folder and upload the .dmp file here.

There i poll going on now and "clean" install is winning by a mile.

At present, I've also had a problem with one of my flash drives. In going back and forth from my laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit) to my desktop post upgrade. I lost nearly everything in the drive itself

Could you elaborate on this ...........are you using the icon in the notification area to safely remove the flash drive?

You can also go to Start > Run, and type eventvwr, expand the Windows logs and look for red or yellow flags. Post back with the Source and EventID

I'm trying like crazy to reset the permissions that would allow me to post the last Minidump file but Windows 7 is just turning ugly on me.

In order to do a clean reinstall, I'll have to reinstall Windows Vista from scratch and then upgrade to 7 again. All I was sent were the upgrade discs and not a full Windows 7 disc. I'm tempted to go back to Vista totally and wait until Microsoft works out the problem with their operating system.

For a clean reinstall will I have to actually go out and buy the software or just reinstall Vista from scratch and then just upgrade from there?

That sucks the way the manufacturer ship the disks.

But it's actually necessary to re-install all their 3rd party software that came pre-loaded.

Meant to tell you this earlier, Reg. Nice Cougar.

Looks like a custom upgrade worked. I just took it all back to factory, backed up nothing and upgraded to 7 leaving nothing but the Recycle Bin there on the desktop. First thing I loaded up was my AntiVirus. Now I gotta reinstall all the other stuff I use. Did a mass migration of files from one USB External Drive to another. Again, looks like the suggestion worked. I'm seriously considering just getting an actual copy of the operating system in case it does this again.

Back