Windows 7 Windows 7 Slow Logon - Whirling on Welcome Screen

Amrit

Hello Forum,

I hope someone on here can help. I work in a large secondary school and for sometime now we are having on going issues with our staff having to wait an extremely long time to logon to the school Network. Most often this issue is very intermittent and drags on from computer to computer. I have identified a short-term fix, of replacing computer with SSD Hard-drives but i would like to get to the bottom of this.

Firstly, i've installed the slow logon patch, didn't really do much. i set up a new domain controller, still the issue persists. I changed all relevant values via Regedit (As mentioned on a few website, but have had no luck.)

I'm now leading to belive it has something to do with Group Policies and i remember it mentioning

' Applying User group policy and being stuck on there for several minutes, once logged in, it would run really slow.

Since this has begun to happen i have

1 Set Up a new Domain Controller
2. Increased a number of computers we have connected to our domain.

We had a local power the other week and since then some computers have been nightmare to boot up.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out.

Thanks in Advance.

Amrit

How long is a long time?
sometimes 10 mins, sometimes 30-40mins, sometimes and 1hour + but it travels around different computers on the network. One day that computer will logon within minutes, next it can take 40mins.

Have you looked in event viewer for group policy, network and authentication warnings/errors?

Back
Top Bottom