Windows 7 SP1 means end of XP downgrade rights

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Computerworld - The clock is ticking on the demise of some downgrade rights for Windows 7, an analyst said Thursday. Last year, Microsoft said that customers could downgrade new machines purchased with Windows 7 Professional to the older Windows XP Professional for a limited period.

More...

Windows 7 SP1 means end of XP 'downgrade' rights

The clock is ticking on the demise of some "downgrade" rights for Windows 7, an analyst said Thursday. Last year, Microsoft said that customers could "downgrade" new machines purchased with Windows 7 Professional to the older Windows XP Professional for a limited period. The deal ends 18 months after the introduction of Windows 7 -- in other words, in late April 2011 -- or when Microsoft ...

More...

The clock is ticking on the demise of some downgrade rights for Windows 7, an analyst said Thursday.

More...

I wonder that would be legal to rubbish the XP CD people have paid money for?

The XP-VM needs a relatively powerful system with plenty HDD space not everyone got at hand. The XP-mode takes over one GByte to install and, on top, requires all updates and SPs like the original XP. Further, it will not help people running 3D games as that is not implemented in the VM and will not work.

Not exactly that simple to just tell people to use XP-Mode :rolleyes: or go away! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for reporting the double post, I won't delete just because it's the news bot and I'm probably not aloud to touch it.. :p
Mistakes happen, let's just leave this one :)

Back