Windows 7 Windows 7, splutters stutters, and is compltely unusable

Richard_T

Honorable Member
Further to my ongoing problems, windows 7 is proving to be a complete and utter waste of time.

first probelm, is the mouse/cursor responds incredibly erraticly and stutters all over the screen, despite downloading windows 7 beta drivers from microsoft, likewise for the keyboard, hich is excrutaitingly slow in placing text on screen at times, again despite new batteries and drivers, there both microsoft wireless devices, that work flawlessly and without a hitch in windows vista.

Next up is the incredibly anoying sound effects that go with windows 7, the start up 'jingle' sounds like a CD thats lost a fight with a cat, and has been attempted to play, and the other usual windows sounds go something like DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD-R for a lot longer than the simple clean sounds ( if you can call them that ) which acompany vista, again this is despite trying to download drivers and then being told tat i have the latest/best drivers installed ( via task manager)

Did i mention that the mouse/cursor is almost completly uncontrolable despite driver updates/attempts to tame the beast, this makes trying to downlaod upadtes/drivers and anything else nigh on impossible.

Why does the CPU usuage shoot up to almost 100% with only a few internet explorer or other windows open?

Ive searched google countless times trying to find a fix for an unresponsive mouse, but with no luck.

Often the mouse response is so bad that the windows globe/start button doesnt respond, and wont respond at all, meaning to only way to switch off is to pull out the mains plug, this is followed up ( when re-booting to windows 7) with the message that it hasnt been shut down properly.
If the sodding thing wont respond to its main user interface, commonly called a mouse, then how are you supposed to switch it off? do a little dance drink a beer ( or two or three or more) ?

CPU intel dual core E6300 @1.87GhZ
4GB Ram
ATI Radeon X1950 graphics card 256mb RAM

Last edited:
Right mouse click on desktop -> Personalize -> Sounds -> no sounds ^^

Did you try another mouse???
Did you try to reinstall???

It really sounds to me like you have some driver problems there... ;) Your hardware shouldn't be a problem as there are some running 7 on alot older stuff than that with no problems... I'd suggest doing a reinstall and make sure you search for Windows 7 preview drivers (if applicable) and if there aren't any available than use the latest windows vista drivers as they should work.. :) Hopefully you can get it up and running well.. Windows 7 is a true gem and I'd hate to see someone not able to experience it the way it's ment to be.. :)

Agreed with radenight on this one. The issue lies with the drivers of the pc. Either find windows 7 pre-beta drivers or Try installing the latest drivers for either XP or VISTA.

Back
Top Bottom