Windows 7 Windows 7 Start Up

JoeyRoddy

Hello everyone,

I have noticed over time that when I log on to Windows 7 Home Premium, it says, "welcome" and the loading circle stays for a minute or two. Then, I often have to wait about 4 to 5 minutes for the windows desktop and task bar along with the icons to load.

While I am waiting for the load, it's a black screen.
I've tried the following to resolve the issue:

Registry Repair,
Disk Cleanup,
Disk Defrag and
Anti-Virus Scan finding no threats

What can be causing this issue and what are the solutions that I can take instead of crash and recovery?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Joey Michael Roddy

Start Up Issues

Hello everyone,

I have noticed overtime that when I log on to Windows 7 Home Premium, it says as usual "Welcome", but the loading circle icon stays for about a minute or two. Afterwards, there's a black screen with the loading circle icon. I have to wait till about 4 to 5 minutes before the desktop, task bar and icons load.

I've tried the following:
Registry Repair,
Disk Clean Up,
Disk Defrag and
Avast Anti-Virus Free Edition Scan finding no viruses or threats.

I have:
Hewlett Packard Pavilion g7 Notebook PC
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64 Bit Operating System
AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD "Quad Core"
6 GB System Memory Ram (5.48 GB Usable)

What could be causing the long boot up issues and is there any solutions I can perform instead of crash and full recovery?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Joey Michael Roddy

Re: Start Up Issues

Hi Joey,

try checking your start up items. Type 'msconfig' in the run box and click ok. Check under start up and see what's taking so long. You could also try the advanced disk cleaner by right clicking cmd prompt and typing:

cleanmgr/sageset:1

Press enter and you'll see the disk clean box appear. Go though the checkboxes and then click ok. All this does is set it up to actually get it to run you need to type, again in the admin cmd prompt:

cleanmgr/sagerun:1

Press enter and it will then run through giving the system a thorough clean. Once set up you can use it anytime you wish by just entering the last set of commands.

Oh, I also merged your threads to save confusion.. :)

Back
Top Bottom