Windows 7 Windows 7 to Windows XP Permissions Help

mads

Hi.
I have 3 computers under the same workgroup with a Shared folder.
  1. Server (Windows 7)
  2. User 1 (Windows Xp)
  3. User 2 (Windows Xp)
User 1 and 2 Have the shared folder as a mapped network drive.

Now what we need is: inside the Shared folder there is another folder called Admin which I only want User 1 to access and not User 2.

How can i configure that from the server (windows 7)

Welcome to windows7forums :)

1. Open Windows Explorer by double clicking on the Computer icon on the Desktop and right click on the mapped network folder/drive and select Properties.

2. In the Mapped Network folder/drive Properties window select the Security tab and click on Edit button.

3. In the Mapped Network folder/drive Properties window click on the name of the user or group to remove and click on remove button.

4. Click Apply and then OK button in the Mapped Network folder/drive Properties window.

Welcome to windows7forums :)

1. Open Windows Explorer by double clicking on the Computer icon on the Desktop and right click on the mapped network folder/drive and select Properties.

2. In the Mapped Network folder/drive Properties window select the Security tab and click on Edit button.

3. In the Mapped Network folder/drive Properties window click on the name of the user or group to remove and click on remove button.

4. Click Apply and then OK button in the Mapped Network folder/drive Properties window.

Thank you for your reply..
But now the existing users are Administrator and Everyone, I removed Everyone and trying to add User1 and User2 but cant find them coz the location is only Server there is no Workgroup.
Any advise?

Back