Windows 7 Windows 7 Ultimate Lag Problem

headshot2212

Hello there.
I recently bought a new computer (custom built), and installed Windows 7 Ultimate.
After the install, after i updated drivers and such, I started installing a few games, and transferring music, everything was fine. I thought ok, no problems(had issues with my laptop, which also ran Windows 7).
Days after (maybe 5) my computer started to lag whenever i opened up Google chrome, or Sony Vegas, or any other application, and I would receive constant lagging issues where the program would almost freeze for half a second and unfreeze and do that multiple times.
I have 64-Bit Win7Ultimate, running on the specs below:

AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3.3GHz
16 gigs of ram
1TB hard drive
EVGA GTX 560 Ti (Driver Version -- 8.17.12.9573)

Any help would greatly be appreciated, onto how i can solve this issue. Preferably without having to re-install...

Ok, well I tried everything I could think of, even bought uniblue powersuite... didnt help. I attached a
dxdiag report below. The whole problem is that almost whenever I open up a program, I get 1-5 seconds intense video and audio chopyness, and when im playing games I get them too. My nvidia drivers are all up to date, so are my audio and motherboard drivers., so I dont know why this is happening. I even went into my cpu, to make sure the cable's arent loose(even though my rear audio connection does the same thing).

-Thanks

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37.1 KB · Views: 287
I'd suspect hardware, more than, software. Although, not sure, beyond that. If, you are any position to do so, swapping out components to pin down the culprit/source might be an approach.

Drew

Ok, well im going to start with my graphics card. Going to take it in for a replacement tomorrow. If its not that, should I try my motherboard next?

If you try easiest 1st, I'd say RAM & P/S before M/B.

Take the RAMs out, put back, but, switch their slots. OR try another matched set (in pairs), instead.

Do you have a P/S tester?

Drew

Ok, well I was going to sleep, but I figured I have no plans tomo, so ima get this fixed, or hopefully.. I had to temporarly remove my cpu cooler(not stock) cause it covered over one of the sticks of ram. I took them all out, and rotated them around. I have my headphones plugged in, and listening to music..

Now my GPU (GTX 560Ti Sc) keeps crashing. Googled it, its most likely the driver. Downloading the 295.73 driver. Hopefully that fixes that. In the meanwhile, I havnt came across my audio/video choppy relay yet. Hmm. Could it have been the ram? I guess ill find out.

Cross that off the list, then...

I did, and well turns out my hole probelm was infact drivers. After I swapped around the memory sticks, I got the audio/video choppy lag thing(i dunno what to call it anymore), but it wasnt as bad. I bought a license for driver genius and that updated about 15 of my drivers (including a harddrive update, a realtek audio driver, and video). Seemed to work cause since Tuesday night, i havnt had any more choppy lag!! :) *btw* I also cleaned up my registry with uniblue powersuite.

Glad to know you sorted out your initial query.

*btw* I also cleaned up my registry with uniblue powersuite.

Get that out of your machine. Never, ever use that stuff!

Drew

UniBlue was the forerunner of these & still, @ the top as 1 of the worst!

Please Be Advised:

There are ads on TV for things to diagnose & fix computer woes. They spew a plethora of rubbish, say they will cure everything under the sun, all the many problems & infections everyone must, already, have (whether they know it or not), that they will speed up your slow, freezing machine, make it run perfectly (again) clean it 100% and even, make your internet connection faster.

There are, @ least, 3 of them... things such as "Finallyfast.com"... wish I could remember the others... CleanMyPC, FixMyPC or something and, of course, UniBlue Powersuite. Anyway...

DO NOT GET SUCKED IN BY THESE THINGS!!

Do not buy into their rhetoric.
It is crap, misleading, in many ways, falsehoods & plays on naïve, innocent Folks w/ scare tactics & intimidation & a promise of a silver bullet.

Stay the hell away from them, like the plague!!

Do not try them, touch them, contact them or buy anything from them!!

Take this from an IT Pro; these ads should not be allowed on air... they should not be able to pass ethics under the FCC or CRTC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drew MS Partner / MS Beta Tester / Pres. Computer Issues Pres. Computer Issues www.drewsci.com

I did, and well turns out my hole probelm was infact drivers. After I swapped around the memory sticks, I got the audio/video choppy lag thing(i dunno what to call it anymore), but it wasnt as bad. I bought a license for driver genius and that updated about 15 of my drivers (including a harddrive update, a realtek audio driver, and video). Seemed to work cause since Tuesday night, i havnt had any more choppy lag!! :) *btw* I also cleaned up my registry with uniblue powersuite.
I realize that you've already spent the money, so it doesn't matter as far as this PC goes.

Whenever I do a new install, there's a free app called "Slim Drivers". Have used it on XP, Vista & Windows 7. All drivers were updated to current ones for free. You can only install one driver at a time, reboot & rescan, but it gets the job done. And they're a MS partner also, for whatever that's worth.

Best of Luck with that powerhouse!

Cat

Back
Top Bottom