Windows 7 Windows 7 Upgrade Question

JeremyJukes

Used to have Vista Home Premium on my PC (no install disks) but after several Windows 7 installs Vista got overwritten, so I no longer have any 'proof of Vista' ownership. MS is offering 50% discounts on upgrade preorders ($99 for Windows 7 Pro), but I suspect I am SOL (i.e. will have to buy the full version at $300)? Will the Windows 7 upgrade work on my PC as it currently stands? (build 7100 64 bit). Comments!

Used to have Vista Home Premium on my PC (no install disks) but after several Windows 7 installs Vista got overwritten, so I no longer have any 'proof of Vista' ownership. MS is offering 50% discounts on upgrade preorders ($99 for Windows 7 Pro), but I suspect I am SOL (i.e. will have to buy the full version at $300)? Will the Windows 7 upgrade work on my PC as it currently stands? (build 7100 64 bit). Comments!
See link by Radenight.... I've asked him to make a stick on this. You can use the upgrade version of any Win7 flavor to do a clean install.

If this is an OEM PC (Dell, HP, Sony, Toshiba, etc.)

You can order the restore disks from them which may/should work as verification of previous ownership.
Just call them and tell them you need restore media cause you lost the restore partition on the drive or had to replace it.
Even if it is out of warranty, if they have them available they will sell them to you.

But, you can also probably find an Vista or XP or 2000 CD out there somewhere, or borrow one that should work as well.

Back
Top Bottom