Windows 7 Windows 7 Verification error, cannot use live update

ArmyFork

Honorable Member
After a reinstall of windows 7, I ran into a problem where the OS could not connect to microsoft to verify the password, this problem seems to effect almost all of the live applications, which stops me from using Zune or windows messenger. The error code I recive is 0x80072FBF. Any help would be appreciated.

After a reinstall of windows 7, I ran into a problem where the OS could not connect to microsoft to verify the password, this problem seems to effect almost all of the live applications, which stops me from using Zune or windows messenger. The error code I recive is 0x80072FBF. Any help would be appreciated.

The more cryptic an error message is the more details about your Computer hardware and software and events leading up to the problem may be needed for finding the cause and fixing it for those who read your post :) I read your message earlier and hoping someone else having had the exact error would come up with an answer and avoided answering it on 04-06-2009.

In this scenario, if the problem to launch Windows Live Messenger ( I dont believe Window Messenger is compatible with Windows Vista and beyond) and other programs started only :- " After a reinstall of windows 7" , and not before, we can assume that the reinstall had something to do with the problem. It might also be important to know why a reinstall of this Beta was needed in the first place i.e. what problems forced to go for such a drastic troubleshoot.

Having said all of the above for a proper, orderly, and logical problem solving , a 'quick and dirty' approach will be to verify if there is any discriepancy between the BIOS Clock and Windows Clock to make sure your current Time , Date and Year are correct in the notification area of taskbar or whether the Reinstall somehow set it wrong. If that is not your problem post a lot more details about the setup for some one or collectively help you get out of current situation.

If you have already solved it, please post how you managed to fix the issue so that others reading this thread will benefit from your experience for the same or similar error messages.

I am not saying this is your problem, but I was just reading that the Conflicker virus disables the Windows Update service. If there is a chance that you might have gotten infected, you should scan for Conflicker.

I seriously doubt Conficker is on my PC, the computer is still rather new, and the reason for my reinstall of the beta was due to a problem with my moherboard that involved an RMA and after recieving a replacement I ran into problems booting up, shutting down and everything in between. As for windows Live messenger, it is completely compatable with XP, Vista and windows 7. The problem I'm experiencing seems to suggest a problem with permissions settings, so I'm going to do a reinstall and see if that fixes the problem, the difficulty may havce been run into during the installation. If that fixes my problems, you'll know.

After a reinstall (I love how fast it is) and a subsequent use of the key, windows recognized and validated my copy. If anyone is ever planning to install windows 7 beta on their computer, please make sure you have your computer hooked up to the internet for the entirety of the installation, as I had neglected to do this the first time I installed it and that is what most likely caused the problem.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt Conficker is on my PC, the computer is still rather new, and the reason for my reinstall of the beta was due to a problem with my moherboard that involved an RMA and after recieving a replacement I ran into problems booting up, shutting down and everything in between. As for windows Live messenger, it is completely compatable with XP, Vista and windows 7. The problem I'm experiencing seems to suggest a problem with permissions settings, so I'm going to do a reinstall and see if that fixes the problem, the difficulty may havce been run into during the installation. If that fixes my problems, you'll know.

After a reinstall (I love how fast it is) and a subsequent use of the key, windows recognized and validated my copy. If anyone is ever planning to install windows 7 beta on their computer, please make sure you have your computer hooked up to the internet for the entirety of the installation, as I had neglected to do this the first time I installed it and that is what most likely caused the problem.

Thank you for confirming that the multiple problems with Internet access that ensued the "Reinstall" on a changed MoBO needed another Reinstall to fix the issues. [ That sounds like a "fresh install second time" because the CPU, MOBO and Add-on cards if any needed to be reseated in the chassis with HDD with the failed system in its partition, FDD ( if any),Optical drives and PSU still "buckled in seat" waiting for MoBo and CPU to take their seats:)] As you pointed it out, unlike its predecessors from Win 95-Win VISTA, Win7 Beta install is less painful and seems to compete better with some of the Linux Distros in its ease than all of the previous versions of Microsofts OSes. By the way I said in my post WINDOWS MESSENGER [NOT Windows Live Messenger] is not compatible with Windows beyond Windows XP and I know Windows Live Messenger works in WinXP to Win 7 but NOT in Win 2000 and earlier.

Hello there, I was just reading your post and after having some issues with restriction in going onto certain sights but more importantly making the virus/spyware program to update, there was an issue that I would not except but was true. If your using the NVIDIA services that are normally set for auto, this will create an issue of course this is in direct relation with Windows 7 ONLY. If you want, you can try to change this service from auto to manual then reboot your computer (Make note of changes). click start, search for, (services) find driver (NVIDIA)right click and then select properties. I don't know if you are using the NVIDIA display tray but if you are it might help you or it might not, good luck.

Thanks for the concern, but since the reinstall I've had no issues worth noting, I do run Nvidia drivers but I haven't had any issues except that Nvidia hasn't updated them in almost two months.

Back