Windows 7 Windows 7 will not load my system after I type my password. It just says Welcome and won't log me in

win7user

I'm using windows 7 home prem 64bit. This problem just happened today. I sign on with my password and the system says welcome, but won't actually login. It just hangs there. I used Avast to do a complete scan, but it didn't come up with anything. I used MS security essential it found a bunch of Java exploits and trojan downloader and I deleted them. But the problem is still there. Any advice?

Attachments

• 1-16.nfo
    3.4 MB · Views: 418
I installed and updated malwarebytes, but it didn't find anything. It still hangs there after windows login.

Can you get into Safe mode and run sfc /scannow?
Have you made a repair disc** ? Run Startup repair 3 times.

**If not, you can find .iso downloads on T'Interweb and burn to disc on another PC.

Yes I can get in safe mode that's where I ran malwarebytes. I ran sfc but it didn't do anything. Don't have a repair disk, I don't have a DVD drive so I might have to take it from another pc but I'm not sure if it will run under safe mode. Can I use a flash drive to create a repair disk?

Yes you can. Most of the tutorials on the web tell you about that now.

Which is a problem to a dinosaur like me who doesn't possess a flash drive!!

If you can change the bios to boot from the usb/cd/dvd. The repair disc should start up before the system begins (after hitting a key) so no need for safe mode. then take it from there.

Last edited:
Looks like the repair disk did the trick. Still not really sure what was the problem. But thanks for your help Elmer.

Back