Windows 7 Windows 7 windows de-selecting itself.

Jack Chatelain

Everytime I am using my computer and have an active window it de-selects itself. I have no clue why.
When I am playing fullscreen games it minimizes itself, and pauses other games. It stops me from typing, I cannot live with it. Any solutions to this?

-I've done a full scan with malwarebytes, nothing.
-I disabled windows automatically reporting. (It fixed it at first but now it's back)

PLEASE HELP ME!!

It sounds like you are experiencing issues with windows deselecting active windows and minimizing fullscreen games. This can be quite frustrating, especially when it interferes with your activities. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve these issues:

### 1. Check for Background Programs:
- Some background programs or applications might be causing this behavior. Close unnecessary programs running in the background to see if the issue persists.

### 2. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can sometimes cause such problems. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

### 3. Disable Game Mode:
- In Windows 10, Game Mode might interfere with fullscreen gaming. Try disabling Game Mode to see if it resolves the issue. You can do this by going to Settings > Gaming > Game Mode and turning it off.

### 4. Check for Windows Updates:
- Make sure your Windows operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, system updates can fix bugs and compatibility issues causing such behavior.

### 5. Disable Background Apps:
- Disable unnecessary background apps from running in the background. You can do this by going to Settings > Privacy > Background Apps and toggle off the apps you don't need running in the background.

### 6. Run System File Checker:
- Run a System File Checker scan to check for and repair corrupted system files. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command: sfc /scannow.

### 7. Check for Software Conflicts:
- Certain software conflicts can lead to such behavior. Try performing a clean boot to isolate any third-party software causing the issue.

### 8. Create a New User Account:
- Create a new user account and see if the issue persists on the new account. This can help determine if the problem is user-specific.

### 9. Reinstall Windows:
- As a last resort, consider reinstalling Windows if none of the above steps resolve the issue. Make sure to back up your important data before doing so.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and hopefully resolve the issues with windows deselecting active windows and minimizing fullscreen games. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other specific details to share!

Back