Windows 7 Windows 7 Won't Play Bass Sounds

mattjones16

I'm running 7100 with Logitech Z-2300 speakers and I noticed recently the subwoofer is producing little or no sound. I unplugged my laptop and plugged my iphone into the speakers and verified that the subwoofer does work with a different input. I then hooked my laptop up to my home theater system (which has an Infinity 300 watt sub) and got no bass output there either.

So basically, the problem is in Windows. I assume a driver is at fault but I can't seem to figure it out. Is anyone else having a similar problem with bass?

Yes,

Definitely sounds like a sound card driver issue.

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Components tree and choose a device
Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
Download System Information Viewer
Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

We need exact make and model of your sound, your motherboard information as well would be of great help.

Are you using digital (SPDIF) or analog?

I actually just managed to get it after messing around with some drivers on Dell's website. I had to wait till I got home from work but it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the help though.

hi there ... i have a same problem. My speaker won't play bass sounds when i connect it to my laptop ASUS-A53SV-SX053V. But when i connect to my another laptop which is running at XP, there is bass. Is it due to the sound drive i am using? please help. Thank you.

Most probably a driver issue. Go to ASUS pages for latest drivers, download them and, preferably uninstall old drivers... not necessary, really, then install the new drivers. You can also use your original drivers disk, but usually new ones are an improvement.

There seems to be some differences between Western and Asian computers, be careful to pick right model.

And, if the problem only occurs with one or some file types, it may also be a codec problem.

Thanks Titanic.. i have my problem solved after uninstalling the driver and re-install the latest driver from ASUS. Thanks a lot. Appreciated.

Back