Windows 7 Windows 7 x64 doesn't update - no error message

lamersssquad

Hello all,
I am a brand new member. Been using the 7 ever since the Beta version.
Now to the point: Windows update just stopped corresponding with Microsoft Update Server(or that is what I think is the problem). I am attaching an image of what I am getting - no error code(making it a nightmare to find). Tried to fix the time/date, tried to restart the services, tried to reload the libraries - no luck. Tried to check the options - no luck.
I am posting this because I couldn't find a post with no error code.
Thank you in advance for every answer. Windows update.webp

Solution
It seems like you're facing an issue with Windows Update not being able to communicate with the Microsoft Update Server. This can be frustrating, especially when there's no specific error code provided. Let's troubleshoot this issue step by step. Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve this problem: 1. Restart Windows Update Service: - Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter. - Locate the Windows Update service, right-click on it, and select Restart. 2. Check Internet Connection: - Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working correctly. A poor or intermittent connection can prevent Windows Update from reaching Microsoft servers. 3. Run Windows...
It seems like you're facing an issue with Windows Update not being able to communicate with the Microsoft Update Server. This can be frustrating, especially when there's no specific error code provided. Let's troubleshoot this issue step by step. Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve this problem: 1. Restart Windows Update Service: - Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter. - Locate the Windows Update service, right-click on it, and select Restart. 2. Check Internet Connection: - Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working correctly. A poor or intermittent connection can prevent Windows Update from reaching Microsoft servers. 3. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter: - Use the built-in Windows Update Troubleshooter to automatically detect and fix common Windows Update issues. - To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Update. 4. Reset Windows Update Components: - Sometimes, resetting the Windows Update components can help resolve update-related issues. You can do this using Command Prompt: - Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands one by one:
Code:
bash net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
5. Check Windows Update Settings: - Verify that your Windows Update settings are configured correctly. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and ensure everything is set up as needed. Try these steps and see if they help in resolving the issue. If the problem persists, let me know, and we can explore further solutions.

Solution
Back