Windows 8 Windows 8.1 BSOD Nvidia Drivers?

shooptube

Hello I am new to this forum but not new to computers. I recently switched over from AMD to Intel and am now experiencing many BSODS. I believe that I have included everything asked for in the Main thread but if not let me know. After doing some research I think it may be graphics driver related but I have tried different drivers and have performed fresh installs and still no luck. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• W7F_24-04-2015.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 890
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8000170853c, ffffd00021a7a368, ffffd00021a79b70}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PrepareDmaBuffer+7ac )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
looking through the dump files there dumps for Graphics related like above and also memory related issues including a Bugcheck 1A which points to a memory management issue although this can also be caused by faulty RAM.

When you swapped the components over did you perform a clean install of the operating system? Windows licencing considers a new motherboard a new computer and so if you just hook the old HDD back up without a fresh install you may see problems.

Check the Vram on the 970 using this app:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en

I also saw a dump file for a storage controller. I see your running an SSD does it have the latest firmware? Also are you running the machine in ACHI mode as opposed to IDE mode?

As your RAM was mentioned several times it's only right it falls under suspicion. If the RAM came from the old system are you sure it's compatible with the new?
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Post any new dump files.

First of all, thank you for your quick reply.

I am running two SSDs which are 120gb each and 2 1TB HDDs running in RAID Striped.

My primary SSD is a Samsung MZ-7TD120BW which has Windows installed on it. The other SSD is a Kingston SV300S37A which has my games on it.

When I switched over to Intel I formatted and re-installed Windows on my Samsung SSD but left all other hard drives and SSD alone.
I am not sure if I am running the drives in ACHI or IDE.

As far as ram goes I have Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS2KIT4G3D1339DS1S00 and G.SKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL which are two different speeds but I believe that it is under clocking the Gskill to 1333MHZ.

One additional issue is whenever I turn on my computer I recieve two motherboard errors which include A2 and 9C. A2 is listed as a hard drive error and 9C is unrecognized USB device. I dont know if those errors would have anything to do with that either.

I am currently testing my VRAM and going to test my RAM with memtest86 later tonight.

If memtest86 doesn't find any errors I'd still remove the different RAM and see how the machine fares. Your other errors may be linked to the main issue whatever that proves to be. See how you go with the testing.

Alright so I forgot to run memtest86 but I removed the suspected ram and I have had absolutely no issues with Windows since. The weird issue is that I put the bad ram into my old AMD board and stress tested it overnight only to find no blue screen errors. Any ideas?

Different machines stress components in different ways however slight and that can make all the difference. Also it may be a case of the RAM not actually being bad perhaps it's just not happy sitting alongside the different sticks. To be honest it's not really recommended that RAM is mixed and although some RAM will seem fine alongside each other in one system it won't be the same in every machine.

Back
Top Bottom