Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Crashing while Browsing Internet

Asad Saeed Awan

Aslaam O Alikum

I am using Hp Probook 450 G1 with windows 8.1 674 bit. My machine is working fine everywhere. But the one problem which I am facing is BSOD(unexpected kernel mode trap error) when I browse something over Internet. This prolem only occur in mu home when I connect to Internet through Wired DSL Broadbad connection. For connection I am using 6 lead specialized phone cable. When I browse something within 2 to 3 minnutes my laptop crashes anD go to BSOD and then restart. at my workplace and University I am using Wifi connection and it is working good with this. I am facing this issue after updating my windows to 8.1. Please suggest me something good in order to get rid of this problem. I'll be obliged.

Thank You

If your crashing whilst using the internet I'd try the network driver first.

Windows Update downloads and installs some new updates and patches. The task is completely automated.

It seems that one or more recently installed updates are not functioning properly. For example: Incompatibility is a major cause. What you need to do is figure out which updates are recently installed. Then accordingly, just uninstall those recently installed updates so that youâEUR(TM)ll not encounter the same problem again. Due to faulty updates your Windows 8.1 stops responding. In that case find out the recently installed updates and uninstall them.

1. Press Windows Key.
2. Type "View Installed Updates" in the Search Box.
3. Click the Settings icon.
4. Open it from the Search Results page.
5. Right click an update, select Uninstall.
6. Follow the removal wizard and reboot.

There is another possibility of too many background services, causing higher CPU usage. Turn off unnecessary services so that excessive CPU usage will not occur and the Windows will run smoothly.

1. Press Windows Key + R.
2. Type "MSCONFIG" in the Open textbox.
3. Press ENTER key of your keyboard.
4. System Configuration tool will open.
5. Click the Services tab.
6. Check-up the box named "Hide all Microsoft services".
7. Now uncheck all the boxes that appear in a list box.
8. Click Apply | OK.
9. When you're prompted to reboot your PC, go ahead and proceed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom