Windows 8 Windows 8 for dummies

Well, we know the old saying about a free lunch. I did put in my company and the other details. But, as a result of whs's post, I went back and put in a fake company and position in the company, fake telephone etc. It still took me to the download page and allowed it. Possibly not ethical, but the gap is by Dell's own making.
Digressing from the thread:- Can't blame them for wanting to get hold of your contact to promote their products .- there are some big changes taking place in that company right now

You will probably get an email response from Dell, but you can unsubscribe at any time. If anyone is unhappy with this, PM me.

P.S. fwiw. Hi Bass. I am afraid that currently, there are many items of software, most particularly free, that you have to subscribe to or submit your email for a download link. It is the only way they can finance the free offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem giving them my email. I have one email reserved especially for buggers like that which I never use for anything else. Every 3 months I flush all the mails without reading.

But the other day I tried a similar site like that with email, company name (a real company that my son owns in Germany) phone number etc. - But it did not work. Will try again on this one.

Update: It worked this time. Thank you David.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dell are fairly reliable. That's what I say anyhow. My son is a tech trouble shooter for them -lol!

Back