Windows 8 Windows 8 hangs at times when restarting

I guess this is the problem when there are many events, if you could remember when the last freeze or hang was and then look what was in the event viewer for that time. It probably wouldn't say anything about an A drive but perhaps a usb error or I/O event?

I'll wait till there's another hang in restarting - but where does one go to look for the error - is it in the Windows Logs / Applications?
This is the big snag Kemical - it's when one such as myself is a novice at this stuff. I've used computers for years but when it comes to the mechanics, like I'm out in far left field somewhere!?! :)

Hi,

hopefully this screen shot will help some:

event.jpg

Can barely see the picture but think I can make it out enough to make sense of it. Next time it hangs, I'll check it and let you know.

Did indeed click on the image - enlarged but difficult to make out the words. But I think if this thing hangs again on the Restart, I should be able to follow it. The Pointers / Arrows are helpful in at least telling me where to go. I've rebooted this rig several times since last reported but it won't hang. What a disappointment!!!??? :)

LOL.. Always the same when you 'want' it to happen.. Sod's law I guess... :)

Just as an update - I've not had a hanging on Restart for weeks now. I've even reinstalled Norton 360 and no more hanging on the reboot. Apparently either Windows 8 or Symantec did something for to make it work correctly!

Issue - Window 8 Spinning or Hangs at startup or stuck at restarting or unable to install any application after some time.

Solution - Uninstalling the Trend micros office Scan Antivirus will solve the issue.

Regards, IIS

Back