Windows 8 Windows 8 Installation

Ninjacatman2009

Hello, I recently installed windows 8 on my computer but lost the cd is there any way to install it on a different computer without buying it again? please I need help

Thanks

You cannot install it again using the same product key. You're only allowed a single installation per product key.
That is to say you can only have one system up and running the OS with the product key registered to it.
If for some reason you previous installation is no longer in place on a running machine and the product key is Retail and Not OEM
AND the computer you want to install it on is already running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3) then you should be able to upgrade to Windows 8 using your Retail Product Key from here
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only
AND at some point during the process you should be asked something about what you want to do, choose install later from ISO and build yourself an ISO which you can later burn at your leisure to a DVD.
Be advised that you'll want to back up your critical data in advance (just in case) although in the worse case everything should be saved to a Windows.OLD folder on your new install. Just don't count on it.
Good luck.

Back