Windows 8 Windows 8 jpgs won't display on LCD monitor

kmann

Hello,

I am trying to create a slideshow for a dedicated monitor in our office lobby. I have a variety of jpgs (graphics, renderings, photos, etc) created in both Windows 7 and 8. Those created in Windows 7 seem to display just fine but skip anything created on my machine or Windows 8.

I am running these from a thumb drive. The files sizes, image sizes and resolution are all comparable between those from 7 to 8 so I doubt that is the issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Kathy

Hi

The first thing I would try is to open the images that don't display in Windows 7 using the same program that created the images that do work.

If they open in the application in Windows 7, change the name and resave them in Windows 7 in the same format that you did the ones that do display.

I would check to make sure they are all saved in the same resolution, probably 72 Ppi at a consistent size.

The smallest file that will give you the max results is the pixel resolution of the monitor, i.e. a 1920 by 1080 HD monitor won't show any better quality in the image, even if you make the image bigger than 1920 by 1080.

The exception to this would be if the presentation zooms in on the images or pans across them or something that shows only part of the image on the screen.

If the image was for print for example it would be much larger than that, probably 300 Ppi.

Once you have opened and saved them in Windows 7 see if they will then work in your slide show.

I'm not sure what is happening but there must be some difference in the way that they are being saved on the Windows 8 computer.

Mike

Last edited:
Back