Windows 8 windows 8 RTM on pentium 4 HT?

Fitsum Tessema

i have a PC with these specs,
processor: intel pentium 4 ht 3ghz 2.99ghz
RAM: 1.5 gb
video: 128mb intel 915 ( i accidentally bought win 8 preview version and even aero worked, not to mention good speed and stability, it made the video memory 256mb i dont know how! and why!)
OS: win 7 32bit ultimate( planning to upgrade to 8 RTM)
so, :nevreness:can i do that?

Attachments

• windows 8.png
    windows 8.png
    392.3 KB · Views: 2,330
this came up

Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant Report
Computer name: THEGODFATHER-PC
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Model: OptiPlex GX280
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Memory: 1.6

For you to review

Install an app to play DVDs
You may need to install an app to play DVDs in Windows 8.

Sidebar gadgets aren't supported in Windows 8
You won’t be able to use the sidebar gadgets that are installed on your PC in Windows 8.

Your processor doesn't have NX turned on or might not support NX
Setup will attempt to turn on NX during installation. If your processor doesn't support NX, the installation will be cancelled and your PC will roll back to the current OS.

Secure Boot isn't compatible with your PC
Your PC's firmware doesn't support Secure Boot so you won't be able to use it in Windows 8.

Your screen resolution isn't compatible with snap
If it's possible, change your screen resolution to at least 1366 x 768 to snap apps.

Compatible

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller Broadcom

Dell E773s Dell Computer Corp.

HID-compliant mouse Microsoft

Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family Intel Corporation

USB Mass Storage Device Compatible USB storage device

especially i wanna know the NX part, how serious and even cpu-z of mine doesnt say anything about it! HELP!

If you CPU cannot be set up to support NX, then you will not be able to install Win 8 Pro or Standard. This is a new security protocol for CPU's that is being enforced starting with Win 8.

You could check in your Bios to see if there is any way to enable NX, or check to see if there is a Bios update that may include this. Check with the PC manufacturer.

I did some researches and found out the following
- i have prescott 530 which sadly and annoyingly the last core which doesn't have NX bit shit!(530j have it !how annoying is that!)
- there's no way to bypass NX check AT BOOT!(in installation yeah, first boot no!)
-gx280 is a dell crap! last for everything aero,NX blah blah!
-if you have gx280, buy a PCI VGA card maybe upgrade power and stick with 7!:hopelessness:

Back
Top Bottom