Windows 8 Windows 8: The first browser-based OS

According to that article, the entire Metro interface-the complete Windows 8 front end-is powered by IE10.

So, what if one were select "Turn Windows Features on or off"? Would that disable the entire metro deal & give us a clean, straight up install of Windows 8? It would seem to be the case, if Metro is indeed dependent upon IE10 being active (turned on).

BTW, I've had IE turned off on Windows 7 for over 2 years. Little ad control, no built in spellchecker, IE in short, is a browser that once served it's purpose, but it's prime has passed. Win 7 runs perfectly fine without no IE.

Cat

It is an old article (and post) . It is mostly speculation and based on the developer, even before its release. At the time, and in the consumer, I experimented with IE, based on the article. Removing IE did not disable the Metro, or anything else. I believe he may have misunderstood something.

It is an old article (and post) . It is mostly speculation and based on the developer, even before its release. At the time, and in the consumer, I experimented with IE, based on the article. Removing IE did not disable the Metro, or anything else. I believe he may have misunderstood something.
After reading the article again, I see what you mean. Windows 8 CP is different than Windows 8 DP. I had the DP installed once, for about a week. Decided to wait until the CP (or public beta) was released.

And there will probably still be changes, hopefully to the good. Many of these article writers are just like us, stating their opinions, as we have ours also. The main difference is that many article writers are paid to give their opinion.

Where do I sign up to get paid for my opinions?

Cat

Back
Top Bottom