Windows 8 Windows 8 to go

Jeff777

Extraordinary Member
HI,

I have been running into an issue and see if anyone else has had the same experience and what was the resolution.

I am trying to get windows 8 to go, to work from a usb flash drive. I do all the steps that are necessary in order to get windows 8 to boot from the usb flash drive and to set it up. The problem I am facing is after the usb flash drive is complete and ready to install windows I get the continuous splash screen. I have setup a few usb flash drives from windows 7 and windows 8 both giving me the same exact problem. I am using a windows 8 eval copy 64bit enterprise edition. I have read that 32bit edition works just fine, however, I am trying 64bit and yes I always make sure that I am choosing the usb flash drive at the bootup screen.

I have also tried using AOMEI which is a partition assistant program that will create the bootable usb drive for windows 8. It works for an external HDD, but I have not been able to get it to work for the usb flash drive. I am going over the instructions many times to make sure I have gone in order and everything turns out correct no errors, It's just it stays on the splash screen and that is as far as I get. Any help would be very greatful thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sorry about the quote looks like they changed this "Anyways"

Robert, I found out what I was trying to do was boot from a flash drive with windows 8.1 THAT will never work unless you use a VHD. However, once I finally got a hold of windows 8 installed it on a flash drive and worked like a charm. Believe me I was beating my head, pulling my hair, grinding my teeth I just couldn't figure out why I was the only one encountering this issue. After digging around a bit I finally found the answer. Here is the link of the website I found it on: http://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials/win8togo

To this day still using the flash drive with windows 8 works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom