Windows Activation following Windows 11 upgrade

Izak95

Hi,

Why when Windows 10 upgraded to Windows 11 the product key didnt activate the Windows 11 version. Is there a way to activate Windows 11 and find a product key?

Thanks,

Hello,

When upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, your product key may not automatically activate the new version. This is because Windows 11 requires specific system requirements, and not all Windows 10 devices may meet them.

To activate Windows 11, you can try the following methods:

1. Digital License: If your Windows 10 device was previously activated using a digital license tied to your Microsoft account, Windows 11 should automatically activate once you sign in to your Microsoft account after the upgrade. Make sure you are signed in with the same Microsoft account as before.

2. Troubleshoot Activation: If Windows 11 is not activated, go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation, and click on "Troubleshoot." This will detect and resolve any activation issues you may be facing.

3. Contact Support: If the above steps don't work, you can contact Microsoft Support for assistance. They may be able to help you resolve the activation issue or provide you with a new product key if necessary.

Regarding finding a product key specifically for Windows 11, Microsoft has transitioned to using digital licenses tied to your hardware or Microsoft account. Physical product keys are no longer provided for most devices. If you are prompted for a product key during the upgrade process, you can typically use your existing Windows 10 product key.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi,

I`ve tried to contact Microsoft but they dont seem to answer. Which link are you using?

I`ve tried the other options already.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom