Windows 7 Windows Aero Rating of 1.0?

sirdeity

Hello. I built my PC about 6 months ago with some fairly good hardware. It has an Intel i7 860 quad core CPU, 4096MB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card with DirectX 11, and Creative SB X-Fi sound card. My operating system is Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Anyway, I've played a lot of games on this PC including some very highly graphics intensive games such as Crisis, Modern Warefare, etc... I've lately been playing games like Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Starcraft 2 Beta, Assasin's Creed 2, Mass Effect 2, etc. I play all these games on the highest graphics settings with no problems whatsoever.

I went to the control panel and opened "Performance Information and Tools" where it gives me various ratings for my PC hardware on a scale from 1.0 to 7.9 (1.0 being the lowest). I'm wondering why under the graphics category it shows "Desktop performance for Windows Aero" as having a rating of 1.0. I understand this 1.0 is the lowest possible, but it doesn't make sense considering my hardware and the fact that it all seems to function properly, as evident by my past and present gaming. The following is a list of all my ratings:

Ratings.jpg

Can anyone explain the 1.0??

Attachments

• Ratings.png
    Ratings.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,062
Last edited:
Update your ATI Drivers. I have an xfx HD5770 1GB and it has 7.4 for gaming graphics and 7.4 for Aero

Back