Windows 7 windows dvd creater PROBLEM

Gilly

Everything works fine when burning etc, But no matter what setting i set it too (ie. 4;3 or 16.9) the dvd comes out as a very narrow video with large black borders on either side .Ive burnt mutiple dvds and had the same problem each time.

never had this problem with dvd maker for vista ,is this a commen problem with windows 7? or am i missing something

help much appreciated..:confused:

Everything works fine when burning etc, But no matter what setting i set it too (ie. 4;3 or 16.9) the dvd comes out as a very narrow video with large black borders on either side .Ive burnt mutiple dvds and had the same problem each time.

never had this problem with dvd maker for vista ,is this a commen problem with windows 7? or am i missing something

:confused::confused:

I have had this exact same problem, and I'm using the full release of windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I don't know what the problem is, and I hope someone posts a reply with a possible solution. Message me if you've found out the problem.

I doubt it's got anything to do with the disk... it's probably your display settings... right click on your desktop
select personalize and try some other screen resolution settings.

it does the exact same thing in a dvd player with my widescreen tv, narrow bars on each side of the screen, and the video looks squished. the menu comes out alright, just the video. on a 4:3 tv it just looks squished.

This DID happen for me in Vista. I haven't tried DVD maker since I upgraded to 7 but I hoped it would be fixed by now. The only way I found around it in Vista was to put the video file into movie maker, set the aspect ratio there and then save it as a movie maker file which can be opened in DVD maker. Works perfectly for me every time in Vista but I haven't tested this in 7 yet. I hope this helps.

Back