Windows 10 AMD Driver problem

pvetter

Is anyone else having problems after Windows update installs AMD graphics driver 24.20.11016.6007? My system hangs with a blank black screen at the point where the splash screen should be displayed.
The only solution is to keep rebooting until it enters recovery mode. At that point you can reboot in safe mode and roll back the display adapter driver. That will get your system up and running, but you are stuck with the generic Microsoft driver so the features of your graphics card are useless. So far I have used AMD’s cleanup utility to delete any old components, but this didn’t help. AMD has not responded to my problem report or issued any update since this release of the driver was made available on 7/31.

Sent from my iPhone using Windows Forums mobile app

Can you download DDU, boot to safe mode, run it and let it remove all driver traces and then try installing the latest drivers.

Currently I'm using an AMD laptop (Acer e5 - 551G) and I have faced the similar issue in the past. I had installed another update from the official site and it worked fine.

I have tried DDU and still have the same results. Windows Update is now rolling back the latest update automatically when the driver fails in the middle of the update.

Sent from my iPhone using WindowsForum

Yes, I think the Display Driver Uninstaller is a perfect graphic driver uninstaller. You said the basic microsoft driver, did it shows as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter in device Manager? If yes, I think it is a driver problem or the system issue.

For the driver issue, can you installed an previous AMD version with the compatible mode? Maybe it helps.

And try to run the SFC command with the administrator to scan and fix some system problems.

Back