Windows 7 Windows hangs on "windows start" after windows install

xamahamza

Hello
I know i'm a new user but i arrived here so you can help me fix a problem I have with my pc.

Yesterday i wanted to change my OS to windows 7 64bits (I had windows 7 32bits before and worked just fine). The installation goes well but when windows install tries to reboot to complete the installation it hangs on "windows start" and reboot again and again.
I tried several solutions such as
- Install using a different cd (3 different cds and same problem)
- Install from USB flash (not even working)
- Fix boot system (from command prompt using windows repair cd)
- Re-install windows 32 bits (same problem)
- boot in Safe mode (same problem it reboots again and again)
- Windows system repair (from cd)

But none of those solution worked so I arrived here hoping you can help me find a solution to my problem and thank you in advance.

PS:I have a Dell inspiron M 560 (Core 2 Quad, 4Go in RAM).

Last edited:
Are you running a clean install having first formatted the drive as you cannot run an upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit.

I think so
Because I delete the partition with the oldest windows (32 bits) completly

thank you so much for the reply

Your Dell pc should have a recovery partition to boot from (usually entered by pressing F8 immediately after powering on and selecting the Advanced Boot Options") - have you tried that?

Don't have it
Do you think that it could be a hardware probleme ? or simply an OS problem

Because my pc was working fine, no issues till i tried to install 64 bits version

An other thing just came up : sometimes when i choose start windows normally the pc tries to continue the installation (rarely) but again the pc auto-reboots and most of times it stuck on "windows starts" and reboot again

When you say you have tried 3 different install disks does this mean you have created them yourself or are they Windows originals? You may be trying to install from corrupt sources if they are not MS original disks.

I creat them myself but using different installation (my original cd and 3 others i downloaded to check if the problem is from my cd or from the pc)

I finally installed the 32 Bits version no luck with the 64 bits

but now i'm sure that there is no problem with my hardware

Last edited:
Most likely that either your installation software has got corrupted or you have some hardware incompatibility problem

Back