Windows 7 Windows Live Mail 2011 - Sort Contacts by Last Name

Jim S

Honorable Member
I would like to temporarily see my Contacts list sorted by last name, since I am comparing it with a printed directory that is sorted that way. However, the Contacts list is currently sorted by first name. I haven't found an option to change the sort order. Is there one? This would only be temporary, since I normally like to use the Contacts sorted by first name.

No answer here yet, so I'm guessing there may be no way to do it. I got around the limitation by making a copy of the data that produced the printed directory, which is sorted by last name, and sorted the copy by first name. That made it easy to compare to the Contacts list.

I think I found it: Under the Home tab in Live Mail, under View there is a Sort By with an arrow. Click there and you have a choice of how to sort, last or first name.

Pam

I think I found it: Under the Home tab in Live Mail, under View there is a Sort By with an arrow. Click there and you have a choice of how to sort, last or first name.

Pam

Pam, many thanks! I looked high and low for that option and never spotted it.

--Jim--

Pam

Glad I could help. Not often that I know something that everybody else doesn't already know!
Pam

Pam- I see the View tab but no "Sort By with an arrow" under the Hometab. What am i doing wrong?

Pam- I see the View tab but no "Sort By with an arrow" under the Hometab. What am i doing wrong?

g9FQYVGDeVcyQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
See the Sort order with two big blue arrows? Click on the that and you get ascending and descending.

Pam

Pam – I see the Ascending and Descending options but you saidthere was an option to “sort contacts by last name”.

Pam – I see the Ascending and Descending options but you saidthere was an option to “sort contacts by last name”.
Make sure you are in the Contacts section, look at the top of the page for 2 small blue arrows with the words "Sort by" (next to the View as button.. Click the tiny black triangle and you should see the First Name Last name option. Sorry to take so long to answer but I am in the middle of the Indian Ocean and satellite coverage is spotty! Pam

Pam – I understand about the spotty internet. Thanks, I finally found the option. Thanks for your help. Herm

Back
Top Bottom