How to Migrate Windows Live Mail 2012 to Outlook 2016 on another pc

xchiazyx

Hi All,

Good Day.

I would like to check does anyone know how to backup and transfer windows live mail 2012 email and contact to another PC with outlook 2016? Microsoft didn't provide the Windows Live Mail download, from 3rd party all have an issue and don't know why can't be install on both my pc for testing getting error. (W8 and W10)

I have checked with the Microsoft Live chat team they mention it's unable to migrate from WLM to OL due to different format don't know whether is true or not, they asked me to use 3rd party software to convert it.

Appreciate if any anyone has this experience can advise me on.

Thanks!

xchiazyx

Hi Sir,

Thank you for reverting back.

This is for WLM and OL at the same pc. I need one which can transfer over to new pc with outlook 2016, which I am having an issue with.

Thanks!

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Once it's all exported just copy it over to the other computer and import the data into Outlook.

xchiazyx

Hi Sir,

Thank you for reverting back.

Is it when you exported out it will become pst format?

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Yes

mackjohn

I don’t know why the Microsoft support team told you there is only one solution i.e. Third Party Software. You do it without any software, a well-written article for same, visit: - How to Import Contacts From Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 Manually
I know it is the old thread but for user ease, I posted this answer.
Thanks and Regards
Mack John

sophiawillson

Live mail calendar converter software is quick and smart solution that capable for convert live mail calendar .edb file items to working PST outlook format with multiple format CSV, TXT, vCal, ICS and HTML.
More Info: Stella live mail calendar converter software

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.