I'm getting the following error when sending an email using Windows Live Mail:

An unknown error has occurred.
Subject 'Re:'
Server: 'smtp.myisp.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

No timeout, it happens pretty much immediately.

I'm doing a "Reply All" to about 12 people. Same result sending from my other email accounts in Live Mail. Can receive email ok. Can send other email, including multiple contact emails. Just something about this email!

Tried sending the email starting from scratch (not doing a "Reply All") but get same result.

Searched Google without any success. Seems to be quite a common error ID. My ISP report no email issues on their side. We checked mail account properties and all was in order. They suggested turning off my anti-virus but this did not make any difference (shouldn't need to anyway!). They could assist no further.

Nowhere left to turn. Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Hi

I'm getting the following error when sending an email using Windows Live Mail:

An unknown error has occurred.
Subject 'Re:'
Server: 'smtp.myisp.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0B
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

No timeout, it happens pretty much immediately.

I'm doing a "Reply All" to about 12 people. Same result sending from my other email accounts in Live Mail. Can receive email ok. Can send other email, including multiple contact emails. Just something about this email!

Tried sending the email starting from scratch (not doing a "Reply All") but get same result.

Searched Google without any success. Seems to be quite a common error ID. My ISP report no email issues on their side. We checked mail account properties and all was in order. They suggested turning off my anti-virus but this did not make any difference (shouldn't need to anyway!). They could assist no further.

Nowhere left to turn. Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Hello,

The Error its referring to means "0x800CCC0B - Server or mail drop is busy" check with your ISP and double check how many E-mails you can send at one time. Sometime the E-mail Server would have certain restrctions to avoid spams. According to the error code you mentions it appers to be so !!

Hope this helps,
Captain

Thanks Captain

I would like to think something that simple would have been caught by the Support person of my ISP when I called them earlier today. So I called them just to double-check and as it turns out sending an email to a dozen or so people through this ISP is no problem at all. But while I was on the phone he asked me to send the email again and he would try and catch it to see if he could see anything amiss. And he did. Apparently an incorrect email address killed the whole send. I removed the email address and the email went through fine.

Shame Windows Live couldn't have told me! But apparently these error ID's are quite non-specific. To complicate matters the original sender of the email did not experience any problem (obviously, because the original email reached me) so I thought al the email addresses would be ok. The original email came from an academic source and apparently they're not a s fussy as my ISP!

Anyway, I got there in the end so thanks very much for your help Captain. Gratefully appreciated.

I have learned something today: that if one Support person can't help...call back later and try another.

Thanks Captain

I would like to think something that simple would have been caught by the Support person of my ISP when I called them earlier today. So I called them just to double-check and as it turns out sending an email to a dozen or so people through this ISP is no problem at all. But while I was on the phone he asked me to send the email again and he would try and catch it to see if he could see anything amiss. And he did. Apparently an incorrect email address killed the whole send. I removed the email address and the email went through fine.

Shame Windows Live couldn't have told me! But apparently these error ID's are quite non-specific. To complicate matters the original sender of the email did not experience any problem (obviously, because the original email reached me) so I thought al the email addresses would be ok. The original email came from an academic source and apparently they're not a s fussy as my ISP!

Anyway, I got there in the end so thanks very much for your help Captain. Gratefully appreciated.

I have learned something today: that if one Support person can't help...call back later and try another.

Glad that you fixed it. Thank You for posting back it should be helpful for others

Good Luck,
Captain

Back