Windows 7 Windows Live Mail

Wesley Eckman

When I use Windows Live Mail 2011 when I try to use reply, reply all, or forward, Windows Live Mail shuts down displaying no error message. Please help. This happened yesterday when I uninstalled something on my computer trying to free space. Please help.
Thanks

Windows live mail is apart of windows live essentials....you can't get it without downloading windows live essentials. Before it installs, you can choose what parts of essentials you want. I just have, windows live mail, movie maker and photo gallery...the rest I don't need or would ever use.

When I use Windows Live Mail 2011 when I try to use reply, reply all, or forward, Windows Live Mail shuts down displaying no error message. Please help. This happened yesterday when I uninstalled something on my computer trying to free space. Please help.
Thanks

1. Just for future reference only, the current version of WLM is 2012.
2. .......This happened yesterday when I uninstalled something on my computer trying to free space....
Not trying to pry, but just in case it is relevant..... what did you uninstalled?

Meanwhile, see if this will help....
Do a system restore. Pick a date that is at least 3 days ago as your restore point.
How to do system restore :
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

Last edited:
I dont know how I find out what I uninstalled. But I did the system restore and it said I needed to close an anti-virus software which I did. It was ZoneAlarm. Then I tried the system restore again and it said the same thing. But this time the anti-virus software was off.

You don't remember what you had uninstalled?
Sounds like you had uninstalled more than one program. Yes?

1.Turn Zone Alarm back on.
2. Go to Safe Mode and run your Zone Alarm. see if it catches anything. I think your computer is infected.
3. After that, do a system restore while still in safe mode.

How to go to Safe Mode....
Turn off computer > turn computer back on > immediately and repeatedly tap the F8 button until you see a black and white screen. That is your safe mode > use the arrow key and select Safe Mode.

Back