Windows 7 Windows Media Center

lartomar2002

I can not find Windows Media Center. I have checcked the registry, I have WMP. I have checked Local Services and I found Windows Media Center Receiver Service and when I tried to start it I received this pop up, Please see the attachment. Thanks

Attachments

• Services.PNG
    Services.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 421
Windows Media Center is not on the Starter version of Windows 7. If you have another version and it is not there, something was not installed correctly or something has removed it.

It is normally in the All Programs section of the Start Menu list. If you do not show it there, look in Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe

Windows Media Center is not on the Starter version of Windows 7. If you have another version and it is not there, something was not installed correctly or something has removed it.

It is normally in the All Programs section of the Start Menu list. If you do not show it there, look in Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe
SOLVED: I went into control panel>programs and features>turn windows features on or off>selected media and unchecked everything and rebooted then following the same process I selected media again and checked every thing rebooted again. Went to C:\program files(x86) found Windows Media Center, clicked on it and it started after a short wait.

Back