Windows Mixed Reality says my i5-13600k is not compatible

rfxcasey

Windows Mixed Reality says my i5-13600k is not compatible. Fully updated Win 11 install. Mixed reality install won't proceed saying that a 13600k is not compatible yet it is the 6ths fastest processor on the market?

check the motherboard bios to see is Intel Hyper-Threading Technology enabled... without it no chip is compatible and the chip isn't all that in real life because intel fudges their results

check the motherboard bios to see is Intel Hyper-Threading Technology enabled... without it no chip is compatible and the chip isn't all that in real life because intel fudges their results
Fact is, the official information from Microsoft suggests that an i5-9600k from 4 generations ago will pass with flying colors, that a Intel 13th gen i5-13600k won't is ridiculous. As for the chip itself, it's at least a 30 percent performance improvement over my previous i7-10700k which was ample. The chip has 6 performance cores with hyperthreading and 8 economy cores without hyperthreading (14 cores / 20 threads). I'm not going to get into a flame war over chip performance, fact is it's one of the fastest desktop processors on the market especially regarding gaming which is practically identical to the 13700k and 13900k. Apparently Microsoft hasn't updated their mixed reality portal to work with the latest chips on the market. Look closely at this pic, please note that the aforementioned i5-9600k has only 6 cores and 6 threads.
Mixed reality issue.png

Last edited:
It's possible that the compatibility issue you're experiencing with Windows Mixed Reality is related to specific hardware or software requirements that are not met by your i5-13600k processor. It's important to note that there are other factors that can affect compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Check if your processor supports Hyper-V: Windows Mixed Reality requires Hyper-V to be enabled on your system. You can check if your processor supports Hyper-V by opening the Task Manager, going to the Performance tab, and looking for "Virtualization" under CPU. If Virtualization is listed as "Enabled", then your processor supports Hyper-V.
  2. Check if your graphics card is compatible: Windows Mixed Reality requires a compatible graphics card to function properly. You can check if your graphics card is compatible by visiting the Microsoft website and reviewing the minimum system requirements.
  3. Check if all required drivers are up to date: Ensure that all your device drivers are up to date, including your graphics card, to ensure proper functionality.
  4. Contact Microsoft support: If the issue persists, you can contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you identify any compatibility issues.

Back
Top Bottom