Windows 7 Windows Mobile Device Centre & an ACER N311 (N300)

cartoony

I have tried to connect an Acer N311 PDA to my freshly rebuilt 64-bit Windows 7 PC & whilst the device is detected as a generic device, the device fails to install, & Mobile Device Centre cannot see it.I tried connecting it to my 32-bit WIndoes 7 laptop, & it was detected & installed perfectly (I did have to tell it up search Windows Update for drivers) followed by the installation of WMDC. The device then appears in Windows Explorer.I have told the 64 bit Windows to search WIndows UPdate for drivers, but no joy.Can anyone please throw any light on this, & possibly advise how I can resolve this.Many thanks

Solution
It seems like you are facing compatibility issues with your Acer N311 PDA on your 64-bit Windows 7 PC. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue and get your device to work with your 64-bit Windows 7 system:
1. Driver Installation:
- Ensure you have the correct drivers for the Acer N311 PDA that are compatible with a 64-bit version of Windows 7. Sometimes, manufacturers provide separate drivers for 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- Download the latest drivers from the Acer website or from the device's manufacturer.
2. Compatibility Mode:
- Try installing the drivers in compatibility mode. Right-click on the driver setup file, go to Properties, Compatibility tab, check the box for "Run this program in...
It seems like you are facing compatibility issues with your Acer N311 PDA on your 64-bit Windows 7 PC. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue and get your device to work with your 64-bit Windows 7 system:
1. Driver Installation:
- Ensure you have the correct drivers for the Acer N311 PDA that are compatible with a 64-bit version of Windows 7. Sometimes, manufacturers provide separate drivers for 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
- Download the latest drivers from the Acer website or from the device's manufacturer.
2. Compatibility Mode:
- Try installing the drivers in compatibility mode. Right-click on the driver setup file, go to Properties, Compatibility tab, check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for," and select an earlier version of Windows (like Windows XP or Vista).
3. Device Manager:
- Check the Device Manager on your 64-bit Windows 7 PC to see if there are any unidentified devices or devices with issues. If the Acer N311 is listed with an exclamation mark, try updating the drivers from there.
4. Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC):
- Sometimes, the issue could be related to Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) not recognizing the device. Ensure that WMDC is installed and running properly on your 64-bit Windows 7 PC.
5. Restart and Reconnect:
- Try restarting your computer and then reconnecting your Acer N311 PDA. Sometimes a simple restart can help in resolving driver and connection issues.
6. Windows Update:
- If you haven't already, try manually running Windows Update to ensure that all the latest updates, including driver updates, are installed on your system.
7. Third-Party Tools:
- If the above steps do not work, you can also try using third-party tools to manage the connection between your PDA and PC, although this might not be as seamless as the native Windows Mobile Device Center.
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the connectivity issue between your Acer N311 PDA and your 64-bit Windows 7 PC. Let me know if you encounter any difficulties or if you need further assistance!

Solution