Windows 7 Windows Screen Flashing After Update?

Katriah

Hello,
This morning one of our computers started acting strangely. Any window screens we have open, whether an Internet Explorer window, My Computer screen, etc, the top bars are flashing in and out. It is similar to the flashing like when it is trying to alert you of an error message / box you have to click through to do something else.
The home screen is fine, and shows no signs of flashing or flickering, it only shows on any window screens you have open.
It will interrupt you when you are trying to open drop down menus etc as well. I have gone into screen resolution, but as soon as I open a drop down box, it will close as soon as the screen flashes again. However I was able to change the resolution to a lower setting, but it still flashed. I also tried to change the screen refresh rate, but there was only one option to choose, 60 hertz.
The computer is an Acer Laptop, running Windows 7 and AVG Antivirus, but I dont have any other exact specs on it right now as im working from a different computer.
Any ideas on what may be causing this? My mother said it had updated last night with a possible new Windows update? Again the back / desktop screen appears fine, it just seems to affect any windows you have open.

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate it,

Erin

I recently started having the same problem. Right now I am using firefox to be able to type. Anyone have the solution. I have an nvidia video card 360m. quad core i7.

From many bad experiences with updates, I'd get right on a "System Restore", to a time before the update happened.
Don't wait, don't even think about it, do a System Restore immediately.

If you don't know where to find "System Restore" it's usually under: Programs, accessories, system tools, system restore.

A new restore point should be made (automatically, by the system) before any program install or Windows Update.

I rely on my own "System Restore" so much, that I force a new restore point every time I boot up my PC (at least once every day), using a little script in my Startup folder.

Good Luck,
Old Timer :cool:

Last edited:
I too am having the same issue on an Acer 9410Z laptop. It's becoming VERY annoying!

Hello,
This morning one of our computers started acting strangely. Any window screens we have open, whether an Internet Explorer window, My Computer screen, etc, the top bars are flashing in and out. It is similar to the flashing like when it is trying to alert you of an error message / box you have to click through to do something else.
The home screen is fine, and shows no signs of flashing or flickering, it only shows on any window screens you have open.
It will interrupt you when you are trying to open drop down menus etc as well. I have gone into screen resolution, but as soon as I open a drop down box, it will close as soon as the screen flashes again. However I was able to change the resolution to a lower setting, but it still flashed. I also tried to change the screen refresh rate, but there was only one option to choose, 60 hertz.
The computer is an Acer Laptop, running Windows 7 and AVG Antivirus, but I dont have any other exact specs on it right now as im working from a different computer.
Any ideas on what may be causing this? My mother said it had updated last night with a possible new Windows update? Again the back / desktop screen appears fine, it just seems to affect any windows you have open.

Erin

There was once someone that had a specific type of flash drive plugged in that was always requiring attention..

Does it do this in safe mode?

You might try leaving Task Manager open and watch the Processes or Applications to see if anything is popping up.

Notices are usually seen on the taskbar as gold flashing icons. I assume none of those are showing?

You might also check the Event Viewer to see if you show any persistent Error or Warning messages.

I have the same problem on an Acer D270 netbook. It only happened when I upgraded from Win 7 Starter to Professional. I'm wondering if it has to do with the Aero effects. I upgraded to the latest Intel driver and no joy. Interesting is that it doesn't flicker under Windows 8

Hello,

Erin

Howdy the samething just started happening to me did you ever find a cure?

Back