Windows 7 windows update causing problem

w7help

Installation of April 13 updates for W7 home premium 32 bit rendered Dell XPS m170 laptop unbootable, goes into automatic repair mode on attempted boot. Repair is unsuccessful, system restore is unsuccessful, repair with installation disk unsuccessful as is attempt to boot into safe mode, all resulting in a continual loop into repair mode. Had to reinstall windows as couldn't install backup image successfully.
A second attempt to install part of the updates had the same result.
Any suggestions?

I had an issue with that same update except the .NET Framework SP1 wouldn't install. I had to hide that in the Windows Update screen so I wouldn't see it EVERY time I booted or shut down. Now my Realtek audio is messed up. The driver won't install upon boot-up. I have to uninstall the device, shut down (restart won't do it) and then it'll reinstall upon start-up. Weird. Maybe the next Realtek software update will handle the issue. Right now...it a pain in the butt.

Installation of April 13 updates for W7 home premium 32 bit rendered Dell XPS m170 laptop unbootable, goes into automatic repair mode on attempted boot. Repair is unsuccessful, system restore is unsuccessful, repair with installation disk unsuccessful as is attempt to boot into safe mode, all resulting in a continual loop into repair mode. Had to reinstall windows as couldn't install backup image successfully.
A second attempt to install part of the updates had the same result.
Any suggestions?

Don`t install an update until you know what it is and only if you need it.
I have mine set to inform me but never to download or install unless I say so.

Back