Windows Vista Windows Vista - a new disappointment or the Hit of the year?

Riddick

Extraordinary Member
:?: for so many years we get used to all kind of windows and "addons" ...eh. We all know the issues about the Microsoft products...and we all know that a monopoly political does not come with a great scientific development. So what is gonna be this Windows Vista?
Hmm...my opinion is that is not gonna be who knows what. What's your opinion?

No way...

:!: No, you are wrong...I a not negative about that, I am just skeptic about this new edition. I wish it will be the greatis windows ever...but this is just a wish. I am useing windows from so many years and yet there are so many times when it disappoints me. However, I am not a fan of Linux or other OS, I just wish for Microsoft to come up with a realy great windows version to blow up all OS..hehe

Re: No way...

Riddick said:
:!: No, you are wrong...I a not negative about that, I am just skeptic about this new edition. I wish it will be the greatis windows ever...but this is just a wish. I am useing windows from so many years and yet there are so many times when it disappoints me. However, I am not a fan of Linux or other OS, I just wish for Microsoft to come up with a realy great windows version to blow up all OS..hehe

Well, from what I've experienced theres always going to be flaws in software. The new features look cool. You can always turn off the graphics.

Besides being known for making crappy OS's, this may just be the one that breaks there record. Windows 2000 was the best OS they came out with imho. From what I have gathered and read so far, this could just be the one that tops them all. Looks like it has a nice gui to it, although so did XP but it turned to shit. 2k3 was nice for a little while until I needed to whipe my ass.

Nothing can be said about Vista until the time of its release. No one besides MS knows that to expect. Im sure there will be problems and security issues but once they are discovered them im sure MS will release patches/fixes and updates. It looks like a decent system. Lets just hope it supports all the applications we all know and love and hopefully wont be a bitch about multiple/dual OS partitions.

"Have you seen my stapler?"
josh_rain :evil:

I am a supporter of free speech, but this is not the place to rant and rave about whether or not this operating system will “suckâ€ÂÂ￾ or not. Yes, Josh agreed to help out with the site and now he is bashing the entire concept of a Windows OS. Could this have anything to do with the fact that he doesn’t have a hard drive and is booting off a Linux CD to access the Internet? (not joking here either! :eek:)

As for Windows 2000 being the "best OS", Windows XP is based off the same programming and runs applications significantly faster as opposed to 2000. From what I have read IE7 loads pages significantly faster than IE6.. so what the bottom line really comes down to is better performance. And that is what most people are going to be willing to pay for. If programs can run that much more efficiently, or games can look that much better, don't you think?

Hater.

How about, 2k seems to be more stable? Unlike 95/98/ME/XP, I have never had a problem with it crashing. Never got a blue screen, never got a memory fualt and even though it was sometimes a pain to get my tombradier game to play. It was still nice.

I do look forward to Vista's release. It does have a sexy look. I just hope they didnt pay more attention to the look of it then its actual overall performance.

AI

:lol: Well...I will wait untill the frist Personal A.I. will be created (hopely I won't be dead till then) and used instead of an OS and I will forget about all OS :idea:

josh_rain said:
Hater.

How about, 2k seems to be more stable? Unlike 95/98/ME/XP, I have never had a problem with it crashing. Never got a blue screen, never got a memory fualt and even though it was sometimes a pain to get my tombradier game to play. It was still nice.

Well i got a blue screen and a memory error in 2k.

what are you guys talking about?! :) 2000 is obsolete. i will buy vista. as an improvement over XP it will be well worth the investment for me. and this is 2006. a good looking interface is mandatory

Riddick said:
:?: for so many years we get used to all kind of windows and "addons" ...eh. We all know the issues about the Microsoft products...and we all know that a monopoly political does not come with a great scientific development. So what is gonna be this Windows Vista?
Hmm...my opinion is that is not gonna be who knows what. What's your opinion?

I am amazed at how quickly people are to judge something thats not even released yet. I mean comeon people its not even out yet. How many people here are official beta testers that have Vista? Are you one of them? It sure seems to me like there are thousands of 16 year olds who somehow got a copy and don;t understand the concept of BETA SOFTWARE - ITS NOT DONE YET. And hi.

Edit: Im sorry if that seems somewhat extreme respose but come on. You shouldnt even be looking for support until its released. If you are looking for support it should be to test something and contribute to making it better

This is assuming you are a legitimate beta user. Thats the whole reason for having beta programs.

Please do not attack people on the forums. I understand you may be very emotional about the issue, but we should try to help people who have a problem or a question. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't have an issue with the software, but was more or less commenting on the concept of a new version of Windows. Nonetheless welcome to the forums.

Back
Top Bottom