Windows 7 windows won't boot after sp1 install

cmdywrtr27

I have read other posts about this same issue but I can't even get windows to open up now. When I try to boot, it asks to do sysem restore and then it says it can't be restored, and when I try to boot windows normally, it goes through the update and stops around 140,000 out of 320,000 and says there has been an error so I can't even get my windows to boot either way.

This all started when I updated my service pack 1. So I guess my question is, how can I get my windows to boot normally with an installed service pack 1 update when I can't even get windows to start at all now?

This is my setup if this information can be of use:

Macbook Pro 10.5.8
Parallels 6.0
Windows 7 Ultimate
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

How did you obtain SP1? Some people had problems when using Windows Update. Try downloading the stand alone version from MS and see if that works.
Joe

Your virtual machine software is the likely culprit. I suggest seeing if there is an update. It may also be possible to slipstream install with SP1, but there is no reason why a SP1 install would make the entire system fail. It just doesn't work that way. I recommend that you check the VM software and make sure there aren't any problems. If SP1 fails to install, it almost always rolls back the update. There may be disk corruption on the VHD (Virtual Hard Disk).

Back