Windows 7 Windows7 shuts down

Lindsay Perth

I have been using the evaluation version of win7 very successfully, however it started shutting down without warning this happened 4 times and now won't even start up

In reference to my previous thread, see below i should have added " I am using a Toshiba laptop"

I have been using the evaluation version of win7 very successfully, however it started shutting down without warning this happened 4 times. i went to system restore and it shut down and now won't even start up

Thanks for your reply Drew, my comment is this.
I intend to buy a full version in a month or so, however my evaluation/beta version doesn't start shut shutting down until the 1st of march.
Since my thread I managed to restore the system with the last successfull boot and it is running okay, fingers crossed.
Thanks again Lindsay

Thanks again Drew.
Yep to liking win7, i will be purchasing a full version this week, the beta version sure runs faster than Vista.
Question, can i install the upgrade version of Win7 or should i go for a new installation.

Cheers Lindsay

You will have to do a clean instal but any docs and personal files will be saved and can be found under "Windows Old" a folder in the new windows

You ok Lindsay?
Don't forget if you need further help just call on us again.. :)

Back