Windows 7 Winows 7 Problem

skioo

Hello!

I've been having a problem installing Windows 7 64BIT on my HP Inspiron, I've tried a Dell Startup disk and the regular Win7 disk.

When It gets to the completion, it restarts, then for 5-7 minutes it does Completing Installation then it goes black, then comes back 'completing installation' for 10 seconds then I get a bubble with an Error that last .5 seconds. So I do not have time to read it, then the computer shuts down.

I have tried all last night, this morning for a few hours, and this is my last resort.

I would love any help, I have looked all over the internet for a solution....nada.

Thank You!

Sometimes a camera can help in capturing messages that go by too fast.

So you have a retail Windows 7 Install DVD and trying to install on an HP computer... How old is the system?

Is the hard drive new, or been cleaned?

What are using the Dell startup disk for?

Maybe the .iso is corrupted. You can download the appropriate iso from Link Removed - Invalid URL. Then activate it with the product key on your COA sticker which is on your box or on the bottom of the laptop,

Sometimes a camera can help in capturing messages that go by too fast.

So you have a retail Windows 7 Install DVD and trying to install on an HP computer... How old is the system?

Is the hard drive new, or been cleaned?

What are using the Dell startup disk for?

Hey! heres the answers to your questions:)

1. It's part of the HP Pavillion Elite Series, it's from 2008 I've had Windows7 running on it for the past few years, but it won't let me restore properly.

2. Hard drive is stock with the computer. I formatted it before I tried to restore.

3. I've grown up around Dell all my life, i've always used them, the computer i'm trying to fix was given to me.....yup....awesome. And the computer doesn't work on a 64Bit OS I need 32 and we don't have our 32bit stock windows disk anymore. So I had to use the Dell Windows Vista 32BIT disk. I burned a Win7 32bit and I need Internet connection to upgrade to windows 7 so it works properly and downloads the appropiate drivers on the go.

Can anyone tell me how to connnect it to the internet? What drivers do I need?

Back
Top Bottom