wireless conection problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by OldSnake, Jun 12, 2009.

1. OldSnake

OldSnake New Member

I've been using Win7RC for a while now, im having a wireless connection problem, my adaptor is a linksys wusb54g with XP driver (the vista one give me BSOD), and pass between 2-4h, the connection just shut down, the icon in the notification area says that im have no connection, and i remove the adaptor and put it again, and nothing happen.
    Sometimes i go to the device panel to deactivate it, and the panel stop responding, the only way is to restart windows, and the PC don't shut-down by him self, i need to shut down in a brute way. When windows start, every thing's back to normal. Pass 2-4h the problem start again...

2. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Hello and welcome,

It's strange that the XP driver works, well actually it doesn't work.

there have been many issues relating to wireless connection problems,

I suggest you look over the threads already posted at the bottom of this page for more info.

Can you go to Start > Run, type cmd, then type ipconfig /release, then ipconfig /renew to get your connection back?

Also many people forget about Microsoft's built-in Help and Support. Go to Start > Help and Support and type in wireless problem

3. OldSnake

OldSnake New Member

In ipconfig /release it say "Não é possível realizar operações em Ligação de rede sem fios 6 enquanto os respectivos suportes estiverem desactivados." after google translate "Can not perform operations on Wireless Network Connection 6 while the media are disabled."
    Its like the adapter shut down him self, and windows do not recognize him...

4. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

The XP driver is definitely not working correctly.

You need at least a Vista driver.

Check this site [/URL=http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Search.aspx?type=Hardware&s=linksys%20wusb54g]linksys wusb54g[/URL] for compatibility.

You'll need to know the exact model and version.

BTW, have you changed Internet service provider lately?

It's strange that it's listed as Connection 6

5. OldSnake

OldSnake New Member

Mine is this one: linksys wusb54g, but the pic is wrong.
    [​IMG]
    The last time I've installed the vista one, I get BSOD's, I think it happen when the connection stay too overloaded, the same happen with XP one, but this time the device stops responding.
    I used the XP driver in Vista and had no problems.
    I gonna to install the Vista driver, however, more suggestions?

6. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member