Windows 10 Office vs Office 365

Hassenico

I am having major problems getting the programs in Microsoft Office to work on my 2 Windows 10 computers. I have a legal installation from 2002 that has worked flawlessly all these years. I've been working with Word and Excel since they were first lasered. Before that I worked with Vicicalc which was a predecessor.

Now I have suddenly been suspended, by Microsoft, from using my licensed Office programs, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. I need to use Excel every day but as soon as I start the program it shuts down after a few seconds. This also applies to Word and probably all other Office programs.

I saw somewhere that it might be because Office doesn't play with Office 365.

I have actively tried to stay away from Office 365 and Microsoft 365 but somehow Microsoft has sneaked the programs into my computers. I have tried running Ccleaner and other cleanup programs to no avail. I tried reinstalling Office 2002 via my CD but it didn't work. Installation stopped. It seems like Microsoft is trying to force me to buy Office 365.

I've tried to find and uninstall Office 365 through the "Apps and Features" control panel but it wasn't there.

I tried restoring the registry via the backup that Ccleaner generates, to no avail.

I tried to restore the system via a restore point to no avail. After the reset went on for 18 hours, I ended the process, to no avail. I tried other restore points, but with the same bad results.

I tried uninstalling Microsoft 365 via the Windows icon's programs menu in the taskbar, to no avail.

I uninstalled the OneDrive app via the control panel but to no avail.

I have tried to follow various advice from the internet, to no avail. I have restarted after each attempt.

I'm getting desperate and thinking about suing Microsoft to stop me from using my legal license of Office, which has worked until recently.

I have tried using Libre Office instead but it is not fully compatible with my excel sheets. It does not work fully compatible with Excel.

I don't need an excess capacity that Office 365 or Microsoft 365 offers. I just want to run Excel and Word as I always have and have paid for.

I have called Microsoft Support customer service 08-55990000 as I have done many years ago and received excellent personal support but now I am directed to help.microsoft.com but that did not answer my problems. It seems that Microsoft does not want to have any contact with its customers anymore. I have read on review sites and see that there are a lot of people who complain that it is not possible to get personal help from Microsoft.

There must be some way to restore the system so I can run Excel and Word locally as well, There might be some way to change the registry with Regedit to solve the problem.

I have now started using the web version of Excel and Word via OneDrive. It works but I'm not entirely comfortable with it. It's slow, cumbersome and not fully compatible. I want to be able to use both locally installed programs and the Web version. How?

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with your Microsoft Office installation. Let's try to troubleshoot the issue and find a solution for you.

Firstly, it's important to note that Microsoft Office 2002 is quite old, and it may not be fully compatible with the latest version of Windows 10. The compatibility issues could be causing the crashing problem you're facing. However, we'll explore some possible solutions.

1. Disable Add-ins: Sometimes, add-ins can cause conflicts and stability issues. Try disabling any add-ins in Excel and Word to see if that resolves the crashing problem. In Excel, go to File > Options > Add-ins, and in Word, go to File > Options > Add-ins as well.

2. Repair Office Installation: Since your reinstall attempt failed, try repairing your Office 2002 installation instead. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, select Microsoft Office 2002, and choose the Repair option. This might fix any corrupted files that could be causing the issue.

3. System File Checker: Run a System File Checker scan to check for any corrupt system files. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type in "sfc /scannow" without the quotes, then press Enter. This scan will analyze your system files and replace any corrupt ones if required.

4. Compatibility Mode: Right-click on the Excel and Word shortcuts/icon, select Properties, and navigate to the Compatibility tab. Enable the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option and choose an older version of Windows, such as Windows XP, to see if it resolves the crashing issue.

5. Office Removal Tool: If all else fails, you can try using the official Office Removal Tool provided by Microsoft. Download and run the tool to completely remove any remnants of Office from your system. You can find the tool at: https://aka.ms/diag_officeuninstall

Once you've completed these steps, try launching Excel and Word to see if the issue persists. If none of these solutions work, it might be worth considering an upgrade to a more recent version of Microsoft Office that is fully compatible with Windows 10, such as Office 2019 or even considering a subscription to Office 365.

Back
Top Bottom