Windows 8 Wireless mouse suddenly stopped working after Windows Update

Sylvain Bernard

After a recent Windows Update on my Windows 8.1 Asus laptop, my Logitech M305 wireless mouse stopped working. The wireless receiver in Device Manager is no longer being recognized; it is simply listed as USB Receiver under Other Devices with a yellow exclamation point.

I tried deleting the driver and forcing Windows to reinstall it; it did not work. I tested both of my available USB ports and the wireless receiver is not recognized on either port. I tried using a USB drive and that worked so I know that the USB ports work. I bought another wireless mouse, a Tecknet M002, and that mouse's wireless receiver is not being recognized either.

Any ideas on a possible fix for this?

go to Logitech and get a driver from there that might fix the issue, same with the Tecknet. Might just be bad MS drivers.

control-panel / mouse-properties /

on the buttons tab … which is the current button-configuration? i use old-style mechanical mouse so i have mine set on "other pointing device" rather than laptop's touch-pad. furthermore, on the device-settings tab, the touchpad (oem) is disabled.

have attached couple screen-caps if they prove valuable.
mouse_one.png mouse_two.png
you might also try, on the device-settings tab, placing checkmark in the "disable internal pointing device when external usb pointing-device is attached" field. then i'd reboot.

Last edited:
Back