wireless network cannot access

hi guys,

i've got a problem with my wireless network i put the wireless password and it say that there's only a limited access what can i do? anyone could help me?

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Could you explain a little more about your setup. Which version of Win 7, do you connect to a router, where are you putting your password?

Check the Network and Sharing Center and see if you show any red Xs. If you have a problem, you might be able to click or right click on the problem area and start a troubleshooter.

Are you using a Homegroup?

i have windows 7 hime primium 64-bit yes i'm connected to a router and yess i put my password.

i've done the troubleshooter and it continues :s

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Where does the Network and sharing center show your access limited, between your router and the internet?

Can you see your router OK?

Does your network show as a Home network or Public network?

I am still unclear on where you put in a wireless password, since I enter no passwords to access the net?

You might try turning off any firewalls to check your system, which includes the router if it has one.

similar wireless problem

Maybe I can jump in here and someone can help me - I am using Windows 7 Home Premium version. The specific issue on my home network is I am told I have an excellent connection, but IPv4 and IPv6 are zero hence no internet

At work, the new Acer notebook connects easily to my workplace wireless internet

At home, I get no internet access, even though it can see my wireless
network; says the signal is excellent and that I am connected to the
wireless router

but zero connectivity

I am frustrated over this - don't know what else to do

FWIW, at the office, the network is secured, though I only had to input the
key once and the machine automatically knows it

At home, I have an unsecured linksys network

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.