Windows 7 WMC suddenly not finding tuner

scudybeef

hi all,ive been having big problems with media centre for the last 4 days,,been using it for over 12 months without any problems,,then suddenly started to lose signal on and off,just thought it was a blip,so didnt worry,but then it went off completely,im using a USB freeview dongle,like i say,has worked great for 12 months,,,so,,,i have bought another dongle,plugged into different USB ports and it is recognised in device manager(REALTEK 2832U device) and 1 of the lights is lit on the dongle,but when i try to go through the WMC tv setup,it is unable to find a signal,,it knows the tuner is there,as it asks me if i want to set up the DVB-T tuner manually,ive even reinstalled W7 yesterday,but still it will not work,,the signal is there,as i have tested it on a freeview box on my tv and it was fine.
I'm stumped as to why it has suddenly done this :sad:,im giving myself headache trying to work this out,if anyone has any ideas they could give me,i would be soooo grateful,,seriously,i will buy you a pint if i ever see you,i miss my WMC so much.

Any more details that aren't on profile please just ask,,im not too bad at following instructions if i need to change anything,,but please,,HELPPPPP...thank's for reading my woes:redface3:...Daz.

p.s...blazedtv software doesnt find anything either,,so it is working,but nothing is picking up a signal:sad:

Link RemovedLink Removed

Solution
It seems like you're experiencing issues with your Windows Media Center and USB freeview dongle setup. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:
1. Check Signal Strength and Reception:
- Ensure that the signal strength is adequate for your freeview dongle. You mentioned that the signal works fine on your TV, but it may still be worth verifying the signal strength at your computer's location.
2. Driver Update:
- Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your Realtek 2832U device. Sometimes, updating the drivers can resolve compatibility issues.
3. USB Port and Connection:
- Test the dongle on different USB ports on your computer to rule out any port-related issues. Ensure...
It seems like you're experiencing issues with your Windows Media Center and USB freeview dongle setup. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:
1. Check Signal Strength and Reception:
- Ensure that the signal strength is adequate for your freeview dongle. You mentioned that the signal works fine on your TV, but it may still be worth verifying the signal strength at your computer's location.
2. Driver Update:
- Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your Realtek 2832U device. Sometimes, updating the drivers can resolve compatibility issues.
3. USB Port and Connection:
- Test the dongle on different USB ports on your computer to rule out any port-related issues. Ensure the connection is secure and not loose.
4. Antenna Position:
- Check the position of your antenna. Sometimes, a slight adjustment can improve signal reception.
5. Windows Media Center Setup:
- Since the device is recognized in Device Manager, but the signal is not being picked up, try setting up the DVB-T tuner manually as prompted by Windows Media Center. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully during the setup process.
6. Check for Interference:
- Nearby electronic devices or interference can affect the signal reception. Try moving any potential sources of interference away from your setup.
7. Compatibility with Windows 7:
- Verify that your USB freeview dongle is compatible with Windows 7. Some older devices may have compatibility issues with newer operating systems.
8. Software Configuration:
- Ensure that the correct input source is selected within Windows Media Center or any other software you are using for TV tuning.
9. System Restore:
- As a last resort, you may consider performing a system restore to a point when the dongle was working correctly.
Try these steps and see if they help resolve the signal detection issue with your USB freeview dongle in Windows Media Center. If you need further assistance or encounter any roadblocks during the troubleshooting process, feel free to ask for more help!

Solution
Back